Femiclinic Patients Rights
Patient Charter of Rights
- Know by name the physician, nurse and other staff members responsible for your care.
- Talk openly with your physician about your diagnosis, the treatment prescribed for you, the prognosis of your illness, and any instruction required for the follow up care.
- Request that your physician communicates in terminology you may reasonably expect to understand.
- Have your request courteously received and properly considered as quickly as circumstances permit.
- Be informed of the reason you are given various tests and treatments, and who the persons are who give them to you.
- Be informed of the general nature and inherent risk of any procedure for which you have given your consent.
- Change your mind about any procedure for which you have given consent, to refuse treatment and to be informed of the medical consequences of this action.
- Expect your personal privacy to be respected to the fullest extent consistent with the care prescribed for you and applicable to UAE laws.
- Expect all communications and other records pertaining to your care to be kept confidential to the extent required by law.
- Request through your attending physician a second opinion by another physician, to change physicians, or to change hospitals and/or facilities.
- Participate in ethical discussions that arise in the course of your care.
- Have impartial access to medical resources indicated for your care without regard to race, nationality, age, gender or disability.
- Refuse to participate in medical training programs or research projects.
- Care and treatment in a safe environment.
- Have pain management in a compassionate manner.
- Be informed about the outcomes of care, including unanticipated outcomes.
- Give cooperation and to follow the care prescribed or recommended for you by your physician, nurse or staff members responsible for your care.
- Notify your physician or nurse if you do not understand your diagnosis, treatment or prognosis.
- Provide Femiclinic, to the best of your knowledge, accurate and complete information about present complaints, past illness, hospitalizations, medications and any other matters relating to your health.
- Respect the rights and privacy of other patients and follow institutional policies as posted.
- To keep appointments, and when you are unable to do so for any reason, to notify Femiclinic.
- Accept resposibility for your actions if you refuse treatment or do not follow Femiclinic's instructions.
- Accept financial obligations associated with your care.